Specialised in Environmental/Eco-Toxicology
Location: Germany, Krefeld or UK, Crewe
ReFaC, part of the CSB Compliance Group, is a scientific and regulatory affairs company working predominantly in the chemicals' industry. A full time Regulatory Toxicologist, specialized in environmental/eco-toxicology, is required to assist ReFaC’s team in providing our clients with expert regulatory advice and support.
The position offers an opportunity to play a key role in delivering a portfolio of regulatory compliance services to companies based in the UK, Europe and overseas.
The company is seeking a pro-active individual with the technical skills to continue its expansion.
- Consult our clients in their daily questions, mainly on REACH but other regulations as well, where required
- Manage authorizations and registrations incl. the following tasks:
- Prepare strategies for registration/authorization incl. the preparation of a data-gap analysis and test strategies
- Monitor and evaluate eco-tox studies
- Environmental risk assessment under various regulations
- Preparation of dossiers in different regulatory contexts
- Perform technical work using IUCLID6, Chesar and other applicable expert software
- Be in close contact with and report directly to the company’s Director
- Work closely with our international team within the CSB Compliance Group
The ideal candidate will be a team player and will have a detailed knowledge of REACH and possibly Biocides legislation as well as having the necessary inter-personal and customer service skills to work with new and existing clients. Consideration may also be given to less knowledgeable individuals as further training can be offered to exceptional candidates.
Reporting to the company’s Director, the Regulatory Toxicologist will be responsible for the effective delivery of the company’s technical and regulatory services.
The successful candidate will therefore have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least basic knowledge of the REACH legislation (further regulatory knowledge in other areas is of advantage, specifically for Biocides)
- A scientific degree in toxicology with a specialization in eco-toxicology or a similar and proven level of expertise in eco-toxicology
- At least basic experience in performing risk assessments in a regulatory context
- Effective communication skills
- Good team-working skills
- At least basic knowledge of working in IUCLID6 and Chesar
- Experience in dealing with relevant EU and/or UK authorities
What we offer
Based in the North West, the position offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent working conditions incl.
30 days of paid vacation and the possibility to partly work from home.